Five hopefuls for California’s 30th congressional district will be featured in a town hall meeting tomorrow from 7:15 to 8:45 p.m. in the Great Hall.
The candidates, which will be representing three political parties, will each be given two minutes to summarize their political platforms, but the floor will be open for most of the meeting for the audience members to ask questions to the panelists. The candidates will then be given two minutes each for their closing statements.
The event, which is open to the public, will be moderated by Instructor of Political Sciences Denise Robb, Ph.D.
The current 30th congressional district representative is Democrat Henry Waxman.
The 2012 congressional elections will take place Nov. 6.
The candidates who will be attending are as follows:
1. Vince Gilmore (Democratic Party)
2. Michael Powelson (Green Party)
3. Mark Reed (Republican Party)
4. Susan Shelley (Republican Party)
5. Navraj Singh (Republican Party)
* Congressional candidate Brad Sherman (D), who was originally supposed to be one of the panelists, will not be attending due to a conflict in schedule.